Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Interview with Student

Lauren Slaughter is a 16 year old student studying at Eaglecrest High School in her sophomore year.

1.What is your knowledge of Joseph Kony and the LRA?

"He captured young boys and girls. He turned the boys into child soldiers. He forced girls to become sex slaves. Using his army he caused mass murder(genocide) to the African people."

2. How did the Kony 2012 movement catch your awareness of what was happening?

" I was looking thrcough my Facebook News Feed and everyone was constantly sharing the video Kony 2012. At first I thought it was some video of a person running for election. I clicked on the video and I saw what was really going on."

3. What scares you most about Kony and his army?

"That it looks as if it may continue on for generations and the army may regain power if we still do not take action."

4.What would you say to a girl your age who had faced horrors like these?

"That is a hard question for me. I could never put myself into the shoes of someone like that."

5.What do you think drives a person to commit mass genocide or murder like this or one that have existed in the past?

"I think it is the human desire for power. Everyone thirst it. You experience it at school [Not at that level of course] People push other people down and away to climb there way up the social atmosphere."

No comments:

Post a Comment